Friday, May 13, 2011

Yes! Finally, my make up skills can be put into practice again.

It has been quite sometime since I last slapped make-up on people face. Reminds me of the movie "All's Well Ends Well 2011".


Slapping make up on people's face:


I certainly am interested in making people look and feel pretty. Although I do not have any paper qualification YET, but I did learn alot of make-up basics from senior make-up artist.

While working at Anna Sui, I am happy to help our customers try out our products. In order for them to have confidence in our product, we have to do the basic touch-ups so that they can see the obvious difference our product can make.


During my work at Anna Sui, I have tried make up on people of all walks of life, from students to housewives, Office Ladies (OLs) to Air-stewardess.

My boss wanted to transfer me to 1U branch where there would be more different customers, but sad to say, due to the hectic studies I declined the offer as well as presented my resignation letter.

However, that did not stop me from my interest in make-up. I still helped my friends with their make-up and touch ups.


These are a list of cosmetics that I would highly recommend:
1. Anna Sui Moisturising Rich Powder Foundation
Once I tried this, I have been using this product ever since. Despite it being powdery, it provides moisture to the skin.
2. M.A.C. 6 Mystic Cool Eye Shadows
I love this product because, with just a simply 6 colour palette, you can simply just mix and match the colours and product a day/night look. It works like magic. Plus, the colour stays.
3. Sui Lip Gloss - 700
The colour that gives an innocent-looking lip.
4. Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
This product have a volumising and thickening effect on the lashes. Best part: it doesn't smudge.
5. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner
The best pencil eyeliner I've ever used. The colour stays, doesn't smudge, and can be easily removed. Best part: the price is cheaper compared to the really branded ones, and can be found anywhere. This eyeliner pencil is a must have for me. I've introduced this to some of my friends, which in fact I have received positive feedback and good review on the item. You may wanna go for brown colour cause the black would be really really dark black. I have both in my cosmetic pouch =)

Anna Sui products ranges from cosmetics to skincare and fragrace. I have tried alot of these products, and I dare to say that I am mostly satisfied with the cosmetics products. We usually sell more cosmetic products (Base&Make Up), if compared to the skincare products. If you ask me, my personal sales ratio of cosmetic:skincare is 10:1. Honestly, I seldom do explanation and promotion to my customers on our cleanser/toner, etc. I guess one main reason is that Anna Sui provides a wide range of colour selection and different bases (matte/gloss/shimmer) in their make-up products. Moving up next would be fragrance. The most popular perfume that I have sold during my time was the Flight of Fancy. It is a combination of fruity+floral smell. On average I could sell 1 bottle a day.

My personal favourite would be Dolly Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment