Monday, June 27, 2011

Clara's Chocolate Chips Cupcakes.

First thing after exam: BAKING TIME!

It has been quite some time since I last baked.
This year's Chinese New Year (CNY), I skipped baking because of being so tired after working in Ernst & Young, and I must spend some time catching up with my girls. CNY cookies recipes will be up in the upcoming CNY.

Since it's my granny's 80th birthday, I had to come up with something special for her. She has been the nice granny you read in fairy tales. Always kind to kids, patient and doesn't grumble.

This chocolate chips cupcakes are based on butter cupcakes, and fairly easy to bake.

Baking in the process!
*For recipe please scroll down*

It was my first time piping words.
Usually I just decorate with:
icing and chocolate flakes, marshmallows, rainbow rice, etc.


In the end, my granny had a happy and wonderful birthday celebration! It's my first time celebrating with her. All the while, I grew up without experiencing love from grandparents. Now that I visit her very often, our bonds are closer, and I feel blessed to have a granny like her.

Ingredients:
125 g salted butter
4 oz of castor sugar
5 oz of self-raising flour (sieved)
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup Milk
1 cup Chocolate chips (to your preference)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven at 180°c.
2. Put butter out in room temperature until it softens.
3. Mix butter and sugar, stirring in one direction on high for 3 minutes.
4. Fold in egg, vanilla essence and sieve flour.
5. Add in milk and chocolate chips then continue folding.
6. Fill cups with batter until 1/2 or 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes turns golden.
8. Wait until cupcakes cool down, then decorate the cupcakes with icing.


Icing:
250g icing sugar
125g margarine

Sieve in icing sugar and mix.

For colours, add in drop of food colouring.

Hope you'll enjoy baking!

xoxo.

1 comment: