Monday, June 20, 2011

Salmon with Thai Herb Salad & Lime Dressing.



Personally, I enjoy eating fish alot! There are many benefits in eating fish. Firstly and most importantly, fish is high in protein and low in fats. Fish is an excellent source of omega-3, which is good for our brain, eyes and heart.

Staying/studying overseas, it isn't easy to get fresh fish unless you go to the market such as Victoria Market, Preston Market and the market in Footscray. At my place, they don't have markets here, not that I know of.

In my blog, I will only introduce food that I feel is nice and easy to prepare/make as I understand that as students we do not have much time to prepare our meals, or sometimes we feel lazy. And for this, I will advice my readers that this is a fairly easy dish. Not much cooking involed =)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tbs palm sugar, grated (brown sugar)
2 tbs fish sauce
200g fish fillets (salmon)

Salad:
1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
2 spring onions, sliced thinly
2 medium red chillies, sliced (red capsicums)

Directions:
1. Oil pan, preheat to medium.
2. Make lime dressing by combining lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a small jug.
3. For Thai Herb Salad, combine mint, coriander, basil, spring onions and capsicums in a big bowl. Set aside.
4. Cook fish on preheated pan until lightly browned on both sides until well done.
5. Serve at once topped with salad and drizzled with lime dressing.

Honestly, as I prepared this dish, alot of my friends did not enjoy the Thai salad as it had a strong smell. In addition, I believe alot of youngsters are not used to eating raw mint, basil and coriander leaves.

Dear readers, this recipe is just for your referral. You guys can just skip the Thai Herb salad. Try the fish with lime dressing. It is really very nice and scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment