Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weather in Berwick.

The weather in Berwick last week sucked badly. It was cold and wet.
It hailed!!!!!! 3 times in a day (picture below).
*What an experience*


The Weatherzone (app) showed rain and cold wind high on the radar the the week. The wind went up to as fast as 30++km/h on one of the days. I was still having exams. I had to reach out to my woolly leggings to feel comfortable during exams.

For all exams so far, I have had such great luck that my allocated seat was just in front of the exit. Whenever it is half an hour before exam ends, the invigilator would open the exit-wide open. Cool wind would rush into the exam hall. For the first day of exam, I was wearing normal jeans. Trust me, jeans are never meant for winter. It was so cold that I had to shiver for abit. Then I took the hot pad I brought to warm myself a little. For those who wore jeans to exam, good luck! I saw several of them shivering in the cold before entering the exam hall. Some of them couldn't even finish their paper.
Well, there must be several reasons behind their deferement. Coldness may be one of them.

For the next few exams, I wore woolly leggings. Although they felt as though they were thinner than my jeans, but boy they provided me with such warmth during the exams. It wasn't as cold as I imagined. I love and trust wool products since then.

I must say that I am proud that I am well prepared to combat coldness throughout the exams. People have been telling me that exams held in the Racecourse is freaking cold. The wind would go in the exam through the crevice all the plastic walls. So these are things that I brought and came in handy:

1. Scarf


2. Hand mitten


3. Hot pad


Hailing at night:

The spots that you see on the floor, are not pebbles or stones. They are ice! Little cubes of ice, melthing away so fast that it was hard for me to capture a clear and precised picture with my iPhone. I must say iPhone camera function isn't that strong and powerful.

I missed the one in the afternoon. I heard it hailing at 11.30am, and my friends told me it lasted for an hour or so. I bet those hail, or pellets of ice were much larger than the ones I saw at night. They were pouring down, hitting the roofs and windows so loudly that I, a well known pig, aka tidur mati, was awaken by the loud sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment